Sunday 3 April 2011

Alice Early: Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful.


I love fashion. I love wearing it, seeing the new trends emerge and seeing those trends on others but my favourite aspect is coming across new fashion designers who really grab my attention and spark my interest. This happened when I stumbled across the recent fashion graduate Alice Early. Alice showcased her collection at Graduate Fashion Week 2010 and since then, her reputation has grown and catapulted her into the designers arena of “one to watch”.

Alice Early’s collection is well tailored, well balanced, fresh cut pieces of beautiful blues, creams, blacks, browns and pretty prints.  Elegant, luxury pieces that are fabulous worn individually but complement each other as a whole. The collection is so wearable and if owned in it’s entirety, would keep you well dressed every day for a whole season.  It’s hard to choose my favourite outfit from the collection when I want it all, but if I could only pick one piece, it would have to be the black leather and white cotton dress for its clean lines and mix of fabrics. I am also a slave to anything black leather!

Graduating with a 1st in Women’s Fashion Design from Kingston University, Alice has since taken part in various competitions and was shortlisted for the WGSN Global Fashion Awards. Alice is currently focusing on her role as Design Assistant for Twenty8Twelve and hopes to launch her own label in the future.

To say I am excited by this designer is a slight under statement. I will be closely following Twenty8Twelve to see her develop her designs and look forward to the day that her own label is launched. I will be first in the queue! 




1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting collection. Good tailoring effects and cut.

    ReplyDelete